Wednesday, April 2, 2014

things i want to tell you


happy birthday, grandma
today, my grandma would be 101.
she was born april 2, 1913.
her name is catherine, like mine.
when her first grandchild, my cousin shelly,
attempted to say "grandma catherine"
it came out "grandma kacky{yes, like khaki}
and that became her name.
♥ ♥ ♥

yumm sauce
our research & development team {that's me}
has created a new & improved recipe.
go here for details.

clafoutis
last night, i made three clafoutis aux cerises.
one for us & two for culture day
in marian's french class.
i'm adding the recipe with my edits here.

emily's hair
it's blue-purple-aqua.
she's basically a mermaid.

taxes
done.
thank the lord.

world's best mac & cheese
this is in the works for tonight.
i'm making a double batch,
one for us & one for our friends who need
some extra love in the form of melted cheese.

beatrix
this sweet little digging machine will have
her spay surgery tomorrow.
please, keep her in your thoughts.

i grew up listening to this record.
i love this song,
although the interwebs claim they are divorcing.


3 comments:

Dawn said...

your grandma was lovely
I am going to get the ingredients to make yum sauce next time I go to the store. I cannot believ how big Beatrix is :)

Emily said...

Love your tribute to Grandma Kacky.
Love how you renamed the yumm sauce, awesome sauce!
Love that Beatrix is so BIG! Looks like she is well, and I wish her a speedy recovery.

Unknown said...

; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...