Saturday, July 30, 2011

i ♥ tracy porter


a few years ago,
a tracy porter catalog landed in my mailbox.

it was intrigued, because it was
a real family-run business in wisconsin
with tracy as mom and designer AND model
{with their home as the backdrop}
to top it off,
she really reminded me of my dear friend, chris,
so i felt instantly familiar with her.

then i saw this sequined number 
in my favorite color
{modeled by her sister, robyn}
and fell in love.
{and would you get a load of that insane wall?!?!}

the sparkly top was pricey, though, 
so i started searching for a sale.
{yes, i found one & this is one of my favorite pieces ever}

after poking around on tracy's website,
i found her blog.
it was chock full of inspiration.
and not just fashion...
gourmet cooking, gardening, decorating...
and there was a tribe of women, who sounded a lot like me, 
following along & commenting, who would be my future best friends,
but THAT is another story for another day.

tracy's blog became my first stop every morning.
usually, she was sipping earl grey with me
and lending brilliance in one form or another
to send me off on my day.
it was my
:: daily dose of fabulous ::
and her videos were my very favorite.

here is a taste
love her hair in this one:
and her business partner, sarah ~ love her!
soy wax candles!!
and "eyes up"
couldn't find this or this on youtube,
but they are brimming with goodness.
want more?
go here and here

tracy, if you read this,
please know that i am so, so grateful
for the changes and blessing that you have
inspired in my life.

these snippets of you in action
are what i love the most.
i am so hoping that we will see you
soon with your own HGTV show.

in the meantime,
i will revisit these videos
with a grateful heart.


here's another video to inspire YOU!



11 comments:

martha said...

great job here Catie, and you captured so many of my favorites and sentiments too! Those videos are just STAND APART FUN!!! Even my 20something daughters were drawn in , to soak in all that goodness for themselves! Plus we all 3 have some of TP's books. The treasures and inspiration continue to delight and ripple along!

Anonymous said...

Grateful heart indeed!!! Her attitude towards life was contageous. Tracy gave me so much more than a lifestyle primer...she gave me my best friends.
I will forever be thanking her and cannot wait to see how she continues with this goodness.
Eyes up Tracy. We are behind you!
xoxo Artist

Diane said...

Thanks Catie... So well said ... You have captured my thoughts! I remember these days so well.. The company I worked for had gone through a reorg and I found myself unemployed. Tracy brought me so much joy... I so looked forward to her daily videos and such inspiration she gave me. We love our Tracy and can't wait for her next chapter!!!
Xoxoxo

Emily said...

Bravo Catie!
What a beautiful tribute to Tracy Porter. I love how you once said she "sparked" something in you. I'll always remember it as being the perfect way to describe how I felt too when I first discovered her blog. Love you my friend!

MA said...

The inspiration has been passed on.
And on.
And on.
And on.
And on.
And on..................
Thank you catie. :)
Thank YOU Tracy.
Love,
Mary Ann

sewmuchwhimsy said...

Catie,
This is SO GOOD! I hope TP reads it so she can see what an inspiration she has been to all of us. Tracy, I want a cookbook!!!!!! Your recipes continue to be some of our favorites. xoxo Gretchen

Kim in CA said...

catie, you have so wonderfully articulated our feelings about Tracy Porter and her family. She is a fabulous designer and inspirational person to so many. Cheers to Tracy!

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

What a terrific job of celebrating OUR Tracy!!!! xoxo

Pam said...

what a wonderful post catie!! oh how I miss her!! xoxo

CC said...

Catie, thank you for such an inspiring post. Yes, "we" do love "our" Tracy!!!! She brought so many of us durls together and she taught us to embrace the sweetness of life!!!! Love you, Catie....and Tracy too!!!

Donna said...

Catie sweetie you are so thoughtful. I hope Tracy will see this and finds encouragement during this wretched time.
Maisie
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...