Sunday, June 2, 2013

zip-a-dee-doo-dah


i feel like this could be missy's theme song.
once, she sang the entire song
in a voicemail she left for me.
the entire song.
i think it had been a difficult day and
she was determined not to let it get her down.


a long time ago {7 years ago},
i gave her a wind-up music box
that played zip-a-dee-doo-dah.

a couple years ago,
i had this necklace made for her

she sent me this picture
from their trip to disneyland.

zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay.
my, oh, my, what a wonderful day.
plenty of sunshine headed my way.
zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay.

in spite of everything,
missy could always find
a bluebird on her shoulder.
i hope you can find one, too.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

XO!! I love this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...