Thursday, June 24, 2010

the psychedelic furs

last friday,
i was lucky enough to get to see
the psychedelic furs
in concert.
they played the egyptian theatre
in downtown boise
(one of the coolest venues on the planet).

in case you have any doubts,
this british band from the 80's
completely rocks.

richard butler, the lead singer,
was absolutely adorable.
his joy was infectious.
he is clearly someone who is living his dream.

i made my way down to the edge of the stage,
and during one of the last songs,
i got to shake his hand.
what a pleasure.
see me right there?

p.s. i have added some of their songs to my playlist. 
i think heaven was my favorite of the night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you got up so close. You crazy lady!
-Em

Emily said...

Reminds me of one of my favorite 80's movies, Pretty in Pink!

Anonymous said...

catie! I once got to shake Richard Butler's hand at the Greek in Berkeley. Really! Way back when........love Pretty in Pink! xoxo
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...