Sunday, December 1, 2013

advent calendar, our way


today is december 1st,
and my kids would never let me forget
that our advent calendar begins today.
our "calendar" has evolved into
a snowy forest that takes over
an entire tabletop.
behind the doors,
sometimes there is candy,
sometimes there are stickers,
and sometimes there is just a note.

since the compartments are small,
i often substitute a note that tells
where i've hidden the surprise.

sometimes the note will lead to another note,
and another, and another, and finally,
the treats.

tonight, i used 4 old notes to create
a little scavenger hunt.

other old notes
they made me smile when i unpacked them today.


6 comments:

Emily said...

I love how they still want (need) for you to put out the calendar. Such a sweet tradition!

Dawn said...

I am not dragging out my Christmas stuff this year, but need to do an advent for my kids..they l ove it too...maybe some twine and brown bags...hhmmm :-)

Vibeke said...

wishing you and your "small ones"
a wonderful December!: )

Vibeke

Pam said...

no advent calendar for us this year..just couldn't get to it with the move. but i adore yours! xo

Unknown said...

no one does christmas like my mom ILOVEYOU. counting down the days until I'm homey

laccentnou said...

this is so so sweet! Lovely december to your all!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...