Wednesday, January 26, 2011

vegetarian taco casserole


i love tacos, but nothing compares
to the ease & warmth of a casserole.

this one is on the menu once a week.



vegetarian taco casserole

ingredients:
beans {i mix whole pintos with refried}
your favorite salsa
grated jack cheese
12 corn tortillas

directions:
spread a bit of beans in the bottom of the dish.
make a layer of tortillas {i use 4},
then half of the beans,
then a layer of salsa,
then a layer of cheese.
repeat layers again {tortillas/beans/salsa/cheese}.
for the next layers, just do tortillas/salsa/cheese.
bake at 350° for about 45 minutes.

serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole,

and the very best chips.

8 comments:

Dianne said...

I wish I was as good as you in the kitchen. You always have wonderful ideas and eat very little meat. So healthy.

mary said...

So funny Catie...I just ear marked a similar recipe in my Cooking Light magazine. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

Steve makes a very similar dip. I could eat the whole thing!

Emily said...

Looks filling and economical too!

Dawn said...

You made this for Powell and I !!!! It really is soo delish!

Dawn said...

Made this last night for dinner...all that was missing was Marian whipping us up a batch of her fabulous guacamole!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking about starting "Meatless Monday", an idea I just read about in my Fintness magazine. This recipe is reserved for our first Monday meal.

catie said...

jess ~
i think meatless monday is a great idea.
let me know how you liked the casserole! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...