Tuesday, May 10, 2011

:: panini ::


i ♥ paninis

:: ingredients ::
very good bread {i use a french baguette}
fresh mozzarella
ripe tomatoes
fresh basil
olive oil
salt & pepper


heat your grill
mine is an emeril grill, 
but you could use a george foreman grill
or 2 cast iron skillets {using one on top as a weight}


prep ingredients
wash & dry basil
slice tomatoes & mozzarella
{drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper}
slice bread {crosswise & lengthwise}


brush bread with olive oil 
and assemble


grill top & bottom
when it's closed,
this grill works like a press to flatten the panini


serve with something like this


yum

4 comments:

Pam said...

catie we eat these almost weekly in our house. I use my grill pan..i don't have a panini maker but this works just fine! sometimes we add things like sun dried tomatoes, or ham and cheese paninis for the boys. we LOVE paninis too :)

mary said...

We love them too catie! I have a "griddler panini & sandwich maker" & keep it on the counter because we use it so often. My fav involves chicken, a little spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, & fresh basil or a dab of basil pesto. yum! We are actually making some right now for the kids to take in their lunches tomorrow. :)

Emily said...

My boys love grilled cheeses in our panini maker! Yours looks wonderful and so hearty!

sewmuchwhimsy said...

You inspired me to make these today. I used my George Foreman. They were YUMMO! xoxo Gretchen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...